Protect Every Drop
Sagent was the prime contractor for the Caltrans “Protect Every Drop: Clean Water Starts with Clean Highways” campaign. The core message of the multi-media statewide campaign is to change public behavior through public education on how individual actions can help keep pollutants out of California water bodies. “Protect Every Drop” focuses on seven key behaviors to promote stormwater environmental awareness and management.
Sagent leads all statewide campaign aspects including core message and brand development, advertising, creative development, social media, media planning, public outreach, research, partnership development, and website development and management.
- Since the campaign launched on February 29, 2016 the results we have to present is the high level of activity already seen on the campaign website that we created and launched with the campaign.
- 11,720 page views with over 300 views per day. The viewing rate continues to have a steady percentage increase each week that the website is active.
- 70% of visitors arrive through direct traffic. Our campaign strategy includes incorporating the website URL into campaign materials such as online banner ads, billboards, radio spots, flyers, mall signs and more.
- Exit link data indicates that nearly 50% of visitors leave the campaign website and visit CaltransHQ website. This means our efforts are increasing visibility and engagement with Caltrans’ headquarters page.
- Our website data also indicates that a significant amount of referred links come from social media referrals. The highest number of referral views originate on the Facebook mobile site, followed by Facebook online. Since our campaign strategy includes integrated social media and digital campaigns, this indicates that our digital strategy is highly effective.
- 85% of traffic to the website comes from mobile devices, which supports our strategy to include a multi-media paid advertising campaign with a robust mobile and digital component.
- Additionally, many Caltrans Districts have requested materials for local outreach and education. We are providing them with materials such as vinyl banners, flyers and posters that will help increase the visibility of our message.