CalABLE is a relatively new savings and investment plan offered by the state of California to individuals with disabilities. The savings plan allows eligible individuals, families, friends and employers to contribute up to $15,000 per year without affecting the accountholder’s public disability benefits.
At launch, CalABLE was at a competitive disadvantage vis-à-vis programs from other states that allow out-of-state enrollment. Sagent partnered with CalABLE to provide strategic guidance, design and deliver a targeted statewide campaign to increase awareness, educate and boost enrollment.
Our SAGE Approach
Sagent started with a discovery process conducting in-depth interviews with CalABLE account holders, board members and partners. With these insights and deeper understanding, Sagent developed a comprehensive marketing strategy that guided the development of creative concepts and messages, implemented through a paid media and social media campaign. Additional branding materials were also developed to support the campaign creative.
The 2-year paid media and social media campaign achieved the following,
- Paid media campaign delivered 12,205,766 impressions and 17% in added value
- Keywords delivered a 12.7% Click Through Rate (CTR)
- E-blasts generated 20% open rate, significantly higher than the industry average
- Paid Facebook ads delivered 15,277,953 impressions and reached 5,037,954 people
- Deployed a total of 74 combined optimization tactics, creative and targeting ads
- CalABLE recorded its highest level of new enrollments in December 2020